Assurant is the brand name for a family of health insurance products focused on providing a variety of affordable plan choices to consumers. The portfolio of health care products includes major medical, supplemental and fixed-benefit plans for individuals, families and small employers.
Assurant Health is part of Assurant, a leading provider of specialized insurance products and related services in North America. Its four key businesses — Assurant Solutions, Assurant Specialty Property, Assurant Health and Assurant Employee Benefits — it’s products and services are delivered through its employees and independent healthcare agencies.
Fixed Benefit Insurance
Unlike plans that the insured pays deductibles and coinsurance before the plan pays anything, Assurant Health Access benefits start right away, with the plan paying a set cash amount when services are rendered like doctor office visits, prescriptions and hospital stays. Assurance provides a dedicated service team; the independence helps facilitate informed decisions, access to health care and more for the money.
Benefits through Assurant small business programs
- Prescription benefit options
- Employee Choice Program – meet the varied needs of your employees by offering multiple plans and networks
- Accident Medical Expense (AME) – giving employees first-dollar benefits to help pay when there’s an accident
- Other value-added and comprehensive major medical options
- Access to doctor and hospital networks with discounts up to 60%
- First-dollar wellness services – office visits for preventive screening, routine annual exams, immunizations, lab/x-ray
- Emergency room services – subject to an access fee that’s waived on admission
- Inpatient services – subject to deductible and coinsurance
- Inpatient rehabilitation – subject to deductible and coinsurance and limited to $5,000 per calendar year
- Waiting period options – flexible time new employees wait before coverage kicks in
- Optional add-on products – supplemental life insurance, short-term disability and dental
For more information click here